Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Few Challenges

I am now a Social Brownie for BrownieScraps. My job is to leave love in the gallery (50 comments a week) and host a speed scrap once a month, and be active in the forum. In return I get the Brownie Addicts Club membership free every month! That includes three free kits plus loads of fun!

So to be active in the forum I have been participating in a few of the May Challenges.

This first layout I made for the Colour Challenge.  We had to create a layout using shades of yellow, black, and grey.

This layout was made for the Single Brownie Challenge.  You are given one word to use as the title of your layout.  Sometimes just one word says it all. 

This layout was for the Recipe Challenge.  You are given a list of items and instructions to follow to make your page.  You must include all the items on the list somewhere in your layout.  Here is the list I had to follow:
Here's your recipe:
5 papers
2 photos, different shapes
1 frame
3 ribbons/strings
5 flowers
2 buttons
3 leaves
1 jewel or flair
1 scatter or splatter
1 journal tag
2 alphas or fonts
Cluster everything in one area of the page
 This one was made for the Brownie Flip challenge.  They take a layout out of the gallery and ask you to scraplift it, but you must "flip" it in some way to change it and make it your own. 
 This layout was made for the Sweet Inspiration challenge.  You are given a theme to scrap about.  This month the challenge was to scrap about something to do with spring.  Flower, playing outside, etc....


I enjoy participating in challenges.  I find that I make some of my best layouts when I am making one for a challenge.  Plus you earn points that turn into discounts off of future purchases.  If you have never participated in a challenge I encourage you to go out to your favorite scrapbooking store's forum and give one a shot. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment